Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Thanks and Farewell

Hi guys! I couldn't agree more with Rachel- it's crazy how this lab is really coming to an end. I feel like I have learned SO much over the course of this year not only in terms of phage genomics and working with these highly specialized computer programs like Phamerator and Mega4 but also in terms of wet lab protocol which will be particularly useful for me in future science courses (i.e Microbiology and Cell Molec). In particular, I really enjoyed the DNA extraction process when we used the centrifuge and syringe/column apparatus to remove impurities from the DNA sample. And even though certain aspects of this lab may have been...less optimal to say the least (haha j/k), I appreciate the challenges that this lab presented me with because I know that they have influenced how I will approach problems in the future. I've had a blast this year working with you all and getting to know many of you very well. Lets stay in touch...facebook, of course haha. Special thanks to Dr. Denver, Dr. Taylor, Christy and Andrew; without all of you, none of this would have been possible.

Best to you all, and take care!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment